August 10th still. Just an hour after my talk with our lawyer. I went and checked my in-box. There she was. I am sorry, but I am crying.
I looked into the most beautiful eyes, and most glorious joyful smile----I knew I was looking at our daughter.
She would fit right in. Anyone who knows us knows we are happy.
I wish I could post her picture for you to see but her safety is of utmost priority so I am unable to post very much about her until she is safely at home (I love the sound of that!)
I spent many countless hours over the next few days/weeks staring at her picture. Memorizing every little detail. As if I could know her that way. I don't know. I just wanted to know each pixel. I don't completely understand human emotions but man are they amazing! We are head over heels in love with this beautiful child we have never even met.
I have to admit, I did not know what this was going to be like. I had developed friendships with many adoptive moms over the prior weeks and hear them telling their stories and kind of wondering if "that's my baby" feelings could be instant like when I delivered Liv' and Avery. It seems that you don't have to even see a child in person or deliver them to have those feelings. I love you baby girl. Oh, how I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment