Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ready or not, here I come...

Over the next few weeks, we were blessed to be led to a wonderful organization that agreed to help us find our child.  We decided to wait until the elections were over in DRC to get started--so likely November/December.  So excited--we had a plan, a home study was set to start late September/early October.  Thought we had some time to prepare.

What is time really?
It was August 10th, the girls and I were playing outside and the phone rang. It was our lawyer she had a referral for us if we were ready.   A sweet little girl.
Let's see... no home study even started yet, thought we were starting in November/December with this journey, not quite sure about all the financial aspects of this process yet...... Yes, we're ready... as ready as we will ever be!  Right?

My heart was beating unbelievably fast, I was so excited and overwhelmed with emotions.  I could not believe that our daughter's picture could be in my "in-box" the next time I check my e-mail.  It was a slurry of emotions I am unable to articulate.  Andy and I discussed it and decided we wanted to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment