Paperwork is all officially completed (for now). I am a lady in waiting... so why not try and figure out how we are going to afford this most expensive endeavor?
A thorough search of our residence and yard revealed--NO MONEY TREE. So we are opting for continued cutbacks in our family expenses (really funny if you know how tight we live) and some fundraising.
We are having a dinner and silent auction with several goals in mind:
1. Celebrate the beautiful little girl God is uniting with us!! (YEAH!)
2. Raise funds to help us bring her home!! (YEAH again)
3. Hopefully let you all know more about the DRC where she is from.
We are very excited and hope many will come to celebrate with us!
We have been blessed beyond measure and would love to rejoice with our family and friends. The date is to be announced. It will likely be the first Saturday in December (I believe it is the 3rd)--in the evening time.
I will let you know very soon! Thanks to all for the many many prayers. This has been an incredible journey and I know that it has been blessed with your prayers. You have no idea what that means to Andy and I-- Thanks from the bottom of our hearts.
So excited to be a part of this! Looking forward to meeting Sophia!
ReplyDeleteLOVE IT!!!! I need to let you know that I already have the files for a silent auction. I got them from another adoptive family and I would love to pass them on for you. Let me know!
ReplyDeleteTisha,
ReplyDeleteI would love to have extra info. I have an amazing mentor, a gal by the name of Heather Simmer. She and her husband have been a gift from God-- but more info is always fantastic! please!