Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mom...Are we there yet?

So some time has elapsed since I last wrote and lots has happened in that time.  I felt like I lost my mind.  Good news-- I found it!  We received amazing photos and even a video of our little girl from some wonderful American families in DRC picking up their children.  For those we were so praising and so thankful to both God and those families.  She looks healthier than we thought.  The concerning symptoms noticed from the Malaria became not so concerning--she appears to be weak and fatigued, which is to be expected.  She also was even more beautiful than ever.  I so long to share her face with each of you--(she is too cute-- 2 teeth now). It won't be long until I can post pictures. It is also a huge praise that we received word that she is doing better--nothing specific just that she is "fine".  As her mother, I have pretended to hear that she is doing well--and then have prayed a lot that God will take care of everything.  He has been so faithful and so good.

We received our I600A approval a few weeks ago and have filed for the next step.  Now we just wait for approval and we should travel soon.  This is cautiously a plan as the DRC will hold elections on Monday.  The violence has already escalated in this country and so we are prayerful that it will be as peaceful as possible.  As long as it is not overly violent/rioting etc. our travel should not be postponed.  We are going to get immunized this Thursday and we received our new passports in the mail this week--2 weeks was all it took to replace our old ones--awesome!!  I have paperwork ready for travel.  So now, I am basically in the backseat going... Mom... Are we there yet?  Just like our girls do---We are ready--that is as ready as you can be.

We have 1 week from today until our Celebration for her life which will include dinner with lots of friends and family and a silent auction to help with our adoption.  Everything is in place--kind of-- I am working and it should be fantastic by this time next week!  I could not have done any of this planning without the help of some incredible friends!  I have been lifted up when I was tired--perhaps carried a little:)  I have been encouraged and loved.  I have been re-focused and re-energized.  I have been so humbled by the generosity of strangers and also of some of my dearest friends.  I have been blessed beyond anything I am worthy of--I have learned tremendous amounts about who I am and who I am not,  I have seen the face of the person I want to be in so many generous people.  I have experienced pure love--this side of heaven--what a gift!
Thank you to all who have loved--I love you!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment